Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Follicular Unit Extraction, in other words FUE, is the latest technique in the world and Turkey, that allows us get naturally good results in hair transplant operations.
Like all hair transplant operations, FUE is the operation where the live follicles are taken from the hairy area and transferred to the hairless area.
Unlike FUT method, Follicular units (grafts) are taken directly one by one from the lower parts of the skin by the help of special punches, micro motors or the latest technology punch hair matic. This method is also known as “non-invasive”.
In FUE, scalpel tool, stiching is not used in donor areas, there is no mark left where the follicles have been taken. It helps people who is in trouble with baldness to regain their hair without any complication and disruption from their everyday life.
Whereas taking method of follicles are different from each other, the replacement method of aquired follicles are totally same in FUE and FUT techniques.
As Estehair corporation, we can transplant 1500 – 3500 units of Follicular grafts and 3750 – 8750 units of hair at a time.
As a leader in novelty, our corporation unite modern aesthetic surgery with art, providing many solutions to the people with hair loss problems. It leaves all other methods behind with its naturally nice results with the help of handy punch hair matic in hair transplant operations.
The Reasons of preference of Follicular Unit Extraction in FUE technique:
After the transplanted hair grew up, a person can easily have their hair cut or scraped off. There will be no mark on the hair transplanted area or on the area where follicles are taken.
If the gaps in the hair are not much, Fue method must be preffered.
It is a suitable method if there are gaps on the temporal sides of the head.
It must be applied if burns are the cause of hair loss.
It is successfully applied to beard and moustache transplant operations.
The technique must be preffered especially in brow transplant operations.
It plays important role in covering up the scars which are caused by cutting the follicles from the nape part.
It is applied to people who has insuffucient donor areas on their nape parts.
FUE technique enables us to take hair not only from the area between ears, but all of the hairy areas of the body.
FUE technique enables us to take hair from the chest, back and legs to do hair transplant operation.
The patients who are too young and have high skin elasticity must preffer FUE technique because of possible formation of large scars.
The Stages of FUE Operation:
Consistes of 3 stages.
- It lasts 1 hour in average.
- It starts with shaving of the hairs on the nape area. The reason is the hair must be 0,3 mm in length in order to take follicles one by one from the donor area with the help of punch hair matic or micromotor.
- The determination of areas where the follicles will be taken from. The areas are chest, back, legs and nape part.
- The local anesthesia of areas from where the follicles will be taken by the help of local anesthetic medicines like jetokain, citanes and marcaine.
- It lasts 3 hours in average.
- Taking process of follicles one by one with the help of punch hair matic or micromotor. While follicles are taken off, micromotor or 0,8 – 1 mm punches must be used.
- Unary follicles (grafts) must be taken with the help of 0.8 mm punches. In order to make a fine and clean transplantation unary follicles must be placed to the front hair line.
- Binary and tenary follicles (grafts) must be taken with the help of 1 mm punches.
- After taking process of follicles is completed, these follicles must be placed into a special solution hundred by hundred in order to count them easily.
We have a break before proceeding to the 3rd stage.
- It lasts 3 hours in average.
- Forming the front hair line with the help of your doctor.
- Giving your last decision about the distribution of follicles.
- The areas between the front hair line is located and the area which transplantation will be applied is anesthetized by the local anesthetic medicines.
- After the follicles’ diameter and their depths are calculated, the canals which follicles will be placed are opened by a special laterel slit.
- Canal opening operation is the most important phase of the hair transplantation.
Why canal opening operation is important?
- The micro canals where the follicles will be transplanted must have the same diamater as grafts’ for hair nourishment.
- The angles of canals must be opened at the same direction as the former hairs’ direction.
- The lateral slit which is used to open canals must be adjusted by the calculation of follicles’ diameter and lengths. Private lateral slits must be used.
- The graft angles which will be used in transplantation must be calculated very carefully by the expert doctors. The canals that will be opened with the angles where the front hair line is located must be 45 degrees to the front and sides must be again 45 degrees to the front and also 45 degress to both sides.